Tuesday 5 April 2011

Amir Khan: I'm young and single, and married to boxing

This the first time in nine years this month, Amir Khan had faced before. Barnsley in the English Schools Championships was an amateur boxing competition, contact my card was marked about a "sensational" 15-year-old from Bolton. "The best kid of his age you'll ever see."

He was right. Young Amir, and scurrying feet all white fist, then quickly demolished her opponents, but were 17 and Olympic silver medalist to be lightweight and, four years later, WBA world light welterweight champion.

The Philippines in Baguio City from Barnsley, where I tracked down his Ulster Khan unbeaten European champion Paul McCloskey on April 16 against the next title defense in Manchester to talk about is some journey.

Many years they also hit the headlines was his opponents, however, is adamant that he lucky enough fame he has already amassed A-list company and lives in Hollywood does not turn his head .

"I'm still the same person I always was. I may look arrogant in the ring but I've always been humble. More so now because even though he is the greatest boxer in the world Manny is incredibly humble. He is an example to me, and I try to be an example to youngsters back home."

Khan also important because, he have 24, then shows that personality comes a price is not the first. Katie Price aka Jordan in his case, consult a mistake tabloids, they insist that they are involved in horizontal space'm sparring.

He says, "I've learned to live with this sort of thing, it's not got to me one bit. There's absolutely nothing gone on between us. The media made it out that me and Katie were seeing each other and stuff but they've got the wrong end of the stick, we are just friends and we have only ever talked with each other. I think she is a really nice person, nothing like what people say about her in the press. Actually there are a lot of things that I am alleged to have done that I haven't." In fact there is no particular girl in his life at the moment. "I'm young and single, and married to boxing."

After the Khan record clearly their conditioning coach, Alex Ariza, with her ​​directly about the distribution Marcos Maidana, which came near Khan defeated in a dramatic 10th round title defense against the serious Please put down.

The break-up, They say, illegal pills and potions of power baseless rumors have nothing to do with being primarily Pacquiao, Mayweather Jnr quality is that they now share by fuel used in camp Was. "It was nothing like that. We simply moved on. Alex was also working with Manny but now I have someone [nutritionist Michael Vale] who is working only with me. Alex and I still say hello to each other; after all, it's a professional game. But you have to do what you feel is best for yourself.

"The drugs rumours were upsetting but I can honestly say that I have never seen anything like that happening. People always say when someone is successful: 'Ah, but they take drugs, don't they?' Well, in my case it's simply not true, nor is it in Manny's.

"I've never been approached to take anything and it's something I will always stay away from, in or outside the ring. Drugs can ruin your career, people can be destroyed by drugs, and I am determined that is not going to happen to mine. I keep on training hard because it is boxing that's got me where I am and I'm not going to let that slip away."

However, Khan Ariza as a meal ticket, use of rich accusing his father "because he doesn't want to go back to driving cabs for a living" I get angry is recognized. In fact, King Khan is a successful businessman.

He said, "Some of the things he said about my father were very unfair, though they were said in the heat of the moment and I am sure he feels bad about it now. I didn't get that much involved, but my team thought it was best for a change.

He added, "I'll be really strong in this fight. I have been working on new things with Michael, tweaking things, making it a little bit tougher. I've also changed my diet and gone very organic, eating the right food at the right time, lots of fish and fresh vegetables. Now I understand what I'm eating and why I'm eating it. It's like having a petrol car, you don't put diesel in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment