Thursday 6 September 2012

Amir Khan not willing to fight with Guzman!!

Amir Khan denies reports that he will be fighting with Guzman in next bout - saying he wants a more credible opponent for his return to the ring on December 15.

"I want someone who is a bit more credible than him," Khan told the Manchester Evening News. "I've come from world title fights and he [Guzman] might be a little below that.

"We're just getting the dates right. It will either be in England or America, December 15 is the date."

"I'll be going to New York to speak to a few coaches and maybe bring in a mentor who can help me in defence," he said. "I'm mainly looking at ex-fighters, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar [De La Hoya] and maybe Shane Mosley, they all want to help out and show their support."

Defence seems to be the key for Khan. In a thinly-veiled dig at Roach he added: "If we had the defence we should have had we would be the best fighter in the world.

"That's the downfall of me and Manny Pacquiao - we're both offensively the best fighters in the world, but defensively we're not the best."

No comments:

Post a Comment