Wednesday 18 July 2012

Khan still looking for coach after Gracia Defeat

After a shocking loss against Danny Garcia over the weekend in Las Vegas,Khan has not sit back and still hopeful to appoint a coach.

Khan has been badly pulled down three times en route to being stopped in the fourth round as Garcia retained his WBC light-welterweight title and added the Bolton man's WBA crown to become a unified champion at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.

After a loss khan has not pointed or blamed to any of his entourage - especially trainer Freddie Roach but he thinks that he should start re-looking his setup.

 'I'm taking the whole blame in my own hands. It was my own fault,' Khan told Sky Sports News.

'There are a few things we should have not done in training camp that we could have done differently but that's just me and Freddie.

'We'll sit down together, we'll talk through it but I'm the one in the ring, I'm the one who made the mistakes. 'I'm not blaming anyone, I'm the one who's at blame really. My team did a great job outside the boxing ring.'

'I'm going to look at options, I've got a meeting with my team next week and we're just going to see,' Khan added.

'At the moment I'm happy with Freddie but there are a few things that I want to change and I'm going to speak to my team to see how they feel about things and we'll just take it from there.

'I'm going to take my time, think about things, maybe watch the fight a few more times, see where I need to improve on and see if Freddie can improve me in the departments.

'It's a very crucial part of my career. If I am going to pick another I need to be with the right trainer who's going to take me where I want to be and also the mistakes I make, not to make them again.'

No comments:

Post a Comment