Friday 23 September 2011

Aamir Khan is Floyd Mayweather's unbeaten record for the desperate crush

Amir Khan wanted to be boxer Floyd Mayweather Jnr unblemished 41-fight career to end the five-weight world champion and fellow American Victor Ortiz backing on Saturday night at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Reading Festival tickets online

Khan explained: “The defining night of this stage in my career is to get Mayweather in a ring with me. I’m not after Mayweather for the pay day, I’m after him for the glory. I want to be the man remembered in history for taking his unbeaten record away, and want that as part of my legacy.

“He has said he’d like to fight in the UK, and it would be brilliant to have the contest in Britain, with 80,000 in a covered stadium.”

Khan believes Mayweather, 34, will rule Ortiz, 24, in the ring. He also beat Mayweather ranks amateur fighter against Khan is ready to do so.

“Ortiz is a banger. He’ll be dangerous early on in the fight, but Mayweather will start to pick him apart as the rounds go on. The one thing Ortiz has on his side is that he is younger and he comes in as the champion.

“That could be an eye-opener but I really do think Mayweather will either take the fight easily on points, or stop Ortiz around the 10th round.”

Khan insisted, however, he can learn lessons from the contest. “I’ll be watching closely, but I know I have it in me to beat Mayweather. I will prove any doubter wrong. I will do anything it takes to face him in a ring, even if it means complying with his wishes to fight Jesse Vargas [the unbeaten fighter Floyd promotes first of all] which he is suggesting.”

World Boxing Council welterweight title against Mines in ringmaster Mayweather Ortiz to be ringside for the defense had every intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment